Dear Parents and Staff,
We know parents and staff are very concerned with the recent news of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have been in close contact with the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH), receiving assistance from Yudelky Rivera. Our primary concern is the health and safety of our children and staff. Should you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to communicate with your Administrators and/or our Home Office staff.
Please be advised that we are following the guidelines provided to us by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH). Symptoms of the Coronavirus include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Because the coronavirus is most commonly spread through respiratory droplets, everyone is reminded to take the same safety measures that healthcare providers recommend to prevent the spread of the flu or other viruses. Face masks are only suggested if a healthcare professional recommends it.
What you can do:
- Wash hands often with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand gel
- Cough or sneeze in your elbow
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or face
- Remind students not to share food or personal items
- Keep surfaces disinfected
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick
- Get a flu shot if you have not already – it is not too late to get one
What we are doing:
- Following guidance from RIDOH and CDC.
- Staff have been disinfecting all classrooms and high traffic surfaces with disinfectant.
- Frequent hand washing. Hands should be washed after using the bathroom, before eating, after sneezing. Children are encouraged to wash hands through a variety of fun and educational routines. Hand sanitizer is also available for use alongside proper hand washing procedures.
- Cleaning hard surfaces with disinfectant and wipes.
- Reminding children and staff about using elbow to cover all coughing and sneezing.
- Proper disposal of tissues used for sneezing, coughing and blowing nose.
- Reminding to not share personal items and food.
- Reminding to avoid touching eyes and mouth. If you do, wash hands.
- We are making sure all bathrooms are fully stocked with hand soap so students and staff can wash their hands throughout the day.
- Our nurse is in communication with RIDOH for the most current information and guidance.
What to do if you or your child is sick:
Call your health care provider if you have symptoms. Your healthcare provider will work with RIDOH and CDC to determine if you have Coronavirus. STAY HOME except to get medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas.
RIDOH has created a website updated constantly with the latest CDC guidance and resources. Visit health.ri.gov/covid for more information.
We strongly suggest that you go about your daily routine as usual. We encourage good, common sense approaches to this virus, just as you would the flu. We will continue to follow advice and guidance from the CDC and RIDOH in responding and monitoring this situation. As we receive new information, we will keep you updated.
Amy Vogel, COO
Leave a Reply