Free courses available for Rhode Island educators! If you are an Early Childhood Educator working with children ages birth through 5 in a DHS licensed center or family childcare setting, you may qualify to receive 12 free college credits in Early Childhood Education with use of textbooks.
Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2022 Cohort!
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 30, 2022
Courses will be offered in the following sequence:
- HMNS-2100 Child Growth and Development Skills – Fall Semester, 2021
- HMNS-2120 Curriculum for Young Children – Spring Semester, 2022
- HMNS-2150 Parent and Child Relations – Summer 1 Semester, 2022
- HMNS-2140 Guiding Children’s Behavior – Fall Semester, 2022
For more information, please contact:
Community College of Rhode Island
Department of Human Services
Application available at: www.ccri.edu/hmns/RIECETP
- Applicant must be employed for a minimum of 20 hours in a licensed childcare center or family childcare setting
- Applicant must be working with infant, toddler or preschool-age children
- Applicant must complete RIECETP grant application, click Application button below
- Applicant must apply to CCRI and complete the Accuplacer test
- Applicant’s center must be in good standing with DCYF licensing
- Applicant’s center must be approved with DHS-Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) and serving CCAP children
- Applicant’s center must be actively enrolled and rated by the RI quality Rating and Improvement System known as BrightStars
APPLICATION DEADLINE is June 30, 2022
All RIECETP services are funded through the RI DHS Office of Child Care
The RI Early Childhood Education and Training Program is administered by the Community College of RI and funded by the RI Department of Human Services.
Information and applications available at www.ccri.edu/hmns
Questions about the program?
Contact Lori Ryan at Lryan2@ccri.edu