T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education And Compensation Helps) Early Childhood® or T.E.A.C.H. is a comprehensive national strategy helping address the need for a well-qualified, fairly compensated and stable workforce.
Dr. Day Care and Kids Klub teachers are eligible for this program! Read more on how to get a degree with DDC.
Learn more about the impact of T.E.A.C.H.:
From T.E.A.C.H. Rhode Island:
The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Program provides opportunities for child care workers to complete higher education course work in early childhood education while providing sponsoring childcare programs an opportunity to develop their workforce.
T.E.A.C.H.® awards scholarships to center-based educators, administrators, and home child-care providers across the state who are pursuing coursework in early childhood education or seeking degrees at the Community College of Rhode Island, Rhode Island College, University of Rhode Island, and Roger Williams University.
- Affords recipients the time and minimal expense for attending school and taking coursework leading to credentials and degrees
- Increases knowledge and capabilities around early childhood education
- Increases compensation
- Increases professional status
- Increases job satisfaction knowing your employer values your professional development
- Provides academic and financial advisement