The National Center for Pyramid Model Innovations (NCPMI) focuses on the Pyramid Model for promoting effective practices for young children’s social-emotional development. Free online webinars are available on a variety of topics. Webinars dated after January 1, 2019 provide certificates of attendance.
NCPMI provides services with the goal of promoting the positive social, emotional and behavioral outcomes of young children (birth through five), reducing the use of inappropriate discipline practices, increasing the inclusion and ongoing participation of young children with disabilities in early childhood settings, and the promotion of family engagement.
- Partnering with Success: Stories from Early Childhood Professionals and Family Engagement
- Today more than ever there is a need to reach out and make positive connections with the families who we work with. In this webinar, you will hear from three panelists and their voices from the perspective of an inclusion early childhood special education classroom teacher, a program coach, and a mental health specialist. Each of the panelist will share successful tips and strategies for engaging and connecting with families in-person and virtually.
- Put Your Own Mask on First: Being a Great Pyramid Model Implementor in the Time of COVID-19
- This presentation will focus on specific steps that early care and education administrators and practitioners can and need to take right no to ensure a functional preschool setting during this pandemic. Specific examples from the Pyramid Model will be highlighted.
- Finding Executive Function in Your Pyramid Model Classroom: The Secret Ingredient You Didn’t Know You Had
- This webinar teaches about how early educators can foster the growth of social-emotional development through the unique lens of executive skill development. The presentation will describe how classroom teachers can a) facilitate the trajectory of executive skills relevant to social-emotional development, b) influence the practices of families of young children to better develop social-emotionally specific executive skills, and c) better shape the success of children after their transition to kindergarten by intentionally equipping them with these necessary skills.
Access past webinars:
Access resources for the classroom:
The goals of the National Center for Pyramid Model Innovations (NCPMI) are to assist states and programs in their implementation of sustainable systems for the implementation of the Pyramid Model for Supporting Social Emotional Competence in Infants and Young Children (Pyramid Model) within early intervention and early education programs with a focus on promoting the social, emotional, and behavioral outcomes of young children birth to five, reducing the use of inappropriate discipline practices, promoting family engagement, using data for decision-making, integrating early childhood and infant mental health consultation and fostering inclusion.